While rosacea can be frustrating and upsetting, it's important to remember that you're not alone. We have hundreds of customers who suffer with this chronic inflammatory skin condition and we get new enquiries every day from sufferers asking if we can help. The short answer is yes we can!
What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that causes redness, flushing, bumps, and visible blood vessels on the face. It often appears on the cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Several factors can trigger flare-ups, including:
- Sun exposure
- Spicy foods
- Hot beverages
- Certain skincare products
Living with rosacea requires a gentle approach, both in lifestyle and skincare choices. Here are some natural tips to soothe your skin and manage flare-ups:
- Sun protection is key: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day, even on cloudy days. Look for mineral-based sunscreens formulated for sensitive skin. We are planning on launching our own SPF before the summer comes so watch this space!
- Keep it cool: Avoid hot showers, saunas, and strenuous exercise, as they can trigger flushing.
- Stress less: Stress management techniques like yoga, meditation, and deep breathing can help reduce flare-ups.
- Fuel your skin from within: Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Embrace natural skincare: A gentle, natural skincare routine can be your ally in managing symptoms and achieving a calm, radiant complexion. Harsh chemicals found in lots of skincare products (even those marketed for sensitive skin) can exacerbate your rosacea.
At Husk & Seed Skincare, we understand the challenges of rosacea. That's why we formulate our products with 100% natural ingredients that are gentle on even the most sensitive skin.
- Our Gently Nourishing Cleansing Balm and our Super Sensitive Cleansing Oil are both so gentle on the skin. They remove all dirt, make-up, SPF and pollution without stripping or upsetting the skin’s natural barrier, so you feel clean, but not dry and tight.
- Our Calm & Soothe Face Mask is formulated with cucumber, broccoli, elderberry and kaolin clay, which help to reduce redness and cool the skin.
- Our facial oils and our Hydration Boost Moisturising Balm are 100% plant based and will keep your skin moisturised and hydrated without causing irritation.
Be patient: It takes time to see results with natural skincare. Stick with your routine and be kind to your skin.
See what our customers have to say about how our products have helped:
“I suffer with rosacea and have tried numerous skin creams over the years. What can I say? I was blown away by how good the products were. My skin is the best it has been in a long, long time. I was so impressed that I ordered the calm kit and will be ordering some other things too. I say take the plunge; it will be the best £17.50 you ever spend on skincare”.
“I really love these products. My skin has felt hydrated and balanced all winter. I’m out in the elements, playing golf, then indoors with central heating/log burner on. If I have a flare up (dry skin/rosacea) I just use the Calm & Soothe Face Mask. The personal touch from Husk & Seed is off the scale! Brilliant!”
“Have been using Husk & Seed cleansing balm, day & night oils for a few months now. I suffer with rosacea and my skin has never been this good, redness & spider veins have reduced. Husk & Seed products have allowed me to go outside and not worry about rosacea as my skin feels good. Thank you.”