Our Hydration Boost Moisturising Balm is the bathroom must-have when skin is dry and sore. But why does your skin feel irritated, chapped and rough sometimes?
Cold weather we is just one of the potential causes of dry skin but others include:
- dry air usually caused by central heating in UK
- exposure to harsh chemicals in soaps or other products.
- washing the skin excessively with stripping products containing alcohol, silicones and other ingredients designed to create that “squeaky clean” feeling.
- skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema perhaps caused by stress
- illness and generally feeling rundown (covid for some reason seems to really leave skin rough and out of sorts)
How to help your skin…
- Wash your face daily with a mild cleansing balm and lukewarm water. (Gently Nourishing Cleansing Balm does this brilliantly!)
- Choose skin care products that caress and nourish skin rather than stripping or irritating it (ahem, us again!)
- Protect your skin by wearing at least SPF 30 every day.
- Apply balms and oils to your skin after you shower or bathe and while skin in still damp to lock in moisture.
Head to our Nourish & Glow Bundle to save 20% on our moisture-boosting products.